The possibility of long-term health impacts must also be taken into account when assessing the safety of any medical operation, in addition to the possible long-term health effects of abortion.
After having an abortion, many women are likely to want and experience a future pregnancy. Yet, the potential impact of abortion can be adverse.
It’s critical to understand the possible effects any operation may have on your body. Depending on the operation there are different risks and adverse effects. If you are pregnant but do not want to go ahead now, Safe abortion services in Chennai can help you decide which type of abortion treatment you could be qualified for and can also go through the particular risks and side effects of that surgery. Here are some women’s health impacts caused by abortion:
Common Side Effects
Following an abortion, the majority of women encounter problems, which include:
- Bleeding lasts 14 days but can last as long as 21 days.
- Impairment to the womb or cervix
- Disproportionate bleeding
- Incomplete abortion requires an additional surgical abortion procedure
- Infection of the uterus or fallopian tubes
- Scarring on the inside of the uterus
- Sepsis or Septic shock
- Uterine perforation
Any delay or carelessness can lead to fatal occurrences. In such conditions, Legal Abortion Services in Chennai provide proper guidance regarding abortion.
Future Health Risks
- A woman’s cervix becomes weaker after an abortion, increasing her risk of further preterm births. The likelihood of a future preterm delivery is increased by 25% and 27% after one induced abortion. A woman’s chance of giving birth prematurely rises by between 51 and 62 per cent after two or more abortions.
- A very early preterm infant is more than twice as likely to be born to women who have undergone abortions (26 weeks gestation). At 28 weeks of gestation, the hazards increased by 71 per cent, and by 32 weeks, they increased by 45 per cent. (Babies who are born prematurely face major health risks.
- Abortion raises a woman’s chance of developing breast cancer. According to research, women who had at least one induced abortion have a 44 per cent higher chance of developing breast cancer.
- The risk of postabortal PID increases in asymptomatic women who have had Chlamydia in the cervical canal at the time of the abortion. Infertility, ectopic pregnancies, abscess formation, and persistent pelvic discomfort are a few major effects that PID can cause.
- Women who have undergone abortions may be more susceptible to mental health issues. After having an abortion, some women report experiencing symptoms of PTSD like –
- Suicidal views
- After an abortion, some women develop sexual dysfunction. Early pregnancy termination can frequently lead to:
- High vaginal dryness
- Diminished sexual desire
- Loss of orgasm ability
- Dyspareunia (painful intercourse)
You can always go to the Safe Abortion Clinic in Chennai which ensures to provides a safe and tested abortion procedure.