Globally, more than 73 million abortions are performed each year. Unwanted pregnancies account for six out of every ten (61%) and induced abortions for three out of every ten (29%).
Within the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, a pregnant woman can safely among self-manage a medical abortion outside of a health care facility. It necessitates a woman having access to correct information, high-quality medication and the assistance of a competent health professional (if she needs one during the process).
However, approximately 45 percent of all abortions are unsafe, with 97 percent occurring in underdeveloped nations. Maternal mortality and morbidity caused due to unsafe abortion being a leading cause. It can cause mental and physical health problems, as well as financial hardships. Hence, abortion is a medical treatment that may be performed by a variety of health care professionals utilizing medication or a surgical procedure. Women can instead approach professionals for a Safe abortion in Chennai.
There are many renowned and experienced Safe Abortion clinic in Chennai that are available for women.
Problems that arise due to unsafe abortion:
- Injury to the womb or cervix
- Excessive bleeding
- Unfinished abortion needs an additional surgical abortion procedure
- Infection of the uterus or fallopian tubes
- Scarring on the inside of the uterus
- Sepsis or Septic shock
- Uterine perforation
- Negligence to terminate or displace all pregnancy tissue from the uterus
- Uterine perforation
- Damage to the genital tract and internal organs as a consequence of inserting dangerous objects into the vagina or anus.
Common Side Effects
Improper handling of the abortion can lead to a lot of complexities including:
- Bleeding – on average, bleeding lasts 14 days but can last as long as 21 days
Abortions are never welcoming. Moreso, because they affect a women’s health. In situations like unwanted abortions or miscarriages, women must seek immediate medical care from safe abortion services in Chennai. Any delay can lead to severe problems like:
- Their physical and emotional health can be jeopardized throughout their lives due to a lack of safe abortion treatments. Further, the stigma associated with abortion can be mentally challenging.
- The inability to obtain high-quality abortion treatment can cause several human rights issues for women including the right to life and the right to the best probable physical and mental health.
- Restrictive abortion regulations can create pain and shame and also violate women’s and girls’ human rights, such as the right to privacy and the right to non-discrimination and equality.
- Regulations that require women to travel to obtain legal treatment or that impose obligatory counselling or waiting periods can result in loss of wages and other financial expenditures, making abortion unavailable to women with little means.
- In addition to affecting children’s education and future wages in the job market, abortion’s legal status can impact their educational performance as well.
Hence, limited access or no access to abortion can cause many problems. Hence, visit the nearest pregnancy abortion clinic in Chennai to gain medical attention in case of the slightest discomfort.